12/29/2004

Last Day on the Gig

Oh yeah, today is my last day on this gig, but that does not mean i will be unemployed. See, this is the nature of consulting; you bounce around from project to project, which poses its hardships, so you are rewarded with perks like time "on the bench" in between projects. I say "on the bench" because that is the jargon of the industry or at least my company. Cute right? Like we are all athletes on a team, but its actually more like we are soldiers, atenhut! With cushy desk jobs wearing brand name slacks and button downs.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working at home? That sounds like a really good gig. I tried to post a comment a few days ago, but alas, I failed to some how. In any event I don't know how one can live there life in an office with some wankers telling you that you are important. My job offers me no security, no benifits, as a matter of fact, any day it might go under. This makes what I do important (that's not to say signifigant) and constantly under the gun. I find that in the do or die atmosphere I thrive. I am currently being trained as the right had man of my job, and if this place is a success, and the boss can open up other bussinesses, then I might be able to take over this joint. pretty cool no?

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

random comments are fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home