2/03/2005

In the moment

I'm realizing that I don't think it even pays to post something that happened days ago in less it is very significant because it loses something like the way dreams disappear.

Anyway, Monday I took care of some biz. Helped raise some kids levels of awareness by hooking The Trains little bro up with a couple z's of heady booms. And then came back to homestead to "kettle" bagels from 3pm till 5am with no break. It really helped that I had just earlier been reading a portion of The Gita which spoke about unattachment to action. I zenned through a good portion of the night by focusing on a lotus or diamond radiating from my heart and third eye. And I felt really good about providing bread to the city of Philadelphia. I mean, it's probably a drop in the bucket but we baked 900 dozen that night. It was a little intense at times having your face over a giant kettle and then in from of a huge oven and having your hands on bagels right out of boiling water but it felt really good and I certainly didn't need to go take a schvitz.

These dudes that I was working with made me realize some things which was probably the most productive part of the night personally. The baker works 3pm to 7am 5 sometimes 6 days a week. How that's even humanly possible I'm not sure but he feels he needs to because he doesn't not have any marketable skills and needs that cash. The other guy works 12 hour shifts putting bagels in bags with 3 kids at home and twin nineteen year old daughters who he is very proud of. They started working at McD's when they were 14 and are now on there own. I mean I'm all about putting in good days work. I think people need to be productive in order to feel good about themselves. But I'm also all about liesure, chillin, recreating not to mention that I find the tedium literally mind numbing.

I need to find a way to get paid for using my brain to help improve things

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home